By Andreas Demetriou, Visit Amazon's Athanassios Raftopoulos Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Athanassios Raftopoulos,
Connecting conventional Piagetian, info processing, and psychometric ways with more recent frameworks and instruments for the evaluation and research of switch, this e-book offers a state of the art account of the most recent concept and examine. Chapters conceal key theories of cognitive swap, the criteria that have an effect on swap together with neurological, emotional and socio-cultural elements and the newest tools for measuring and modelling swap.
Read or Download Cognitive Developmental Change: Theories, Models and Measurement PDF
Best child psychology books
Many weak young children require one-to-one aid from adults. All childcare staff needs to care for those wishes; this publication might be their advisor to the speculation and perform of the mandatory talents. This e-book is such a lot informative and obtainable. It makes use of useful
This quantity examines the advance of timing in coordinated motion from numerous diverse ontogenetic views. a few chapters emphasize the qualitative adjustments in take place motor habit in the course of the early development years and look at the relation among temporal features of pre- and perinatal routine and aim directed activities with qualitatively varied ideas of temporal association.
So unterstützen und entlasten Sie Familien Dieses Buch enthält eine Vielzahl von leicht umsetzbaren Interventionen der systemischen Familientherapie – sie sind an den Bedürfnissen der Klienten orientiert und kultivieren eine Wechselseitigkeit der Beteiligten. Jede einzelne therapeutische Technik ist didaktisch so aufgebaut, dass Therapeuten und Berater neue Anregungen zur Lösung von Problemen im Familiensystem finden.
This guide offers the present evidence-based mental remedies for trauma comparable problems in early life and youth and also presents basically established, up to date details at the simple rules of anxious tension examine and perform in that age team, protecting epidemiology, developmental matters, pathogenetic types, diagnostics, and evaluate.
- The Development of Children and Adolescents: An Applied Perspective
- Child and Adolescent Resilience Within Medical Contexts: Integrating Research and Practice
- Understanding and Assessing Trauma in Children and Adolescents: Measures, Methods, and Youth in Context
- The Divorced Child: Strengthening Your Family through the First Three Years of Separation
- The Roots of Prosocial Behavior in Children
- Individual Differences in Children and Adolescents
Additional info for Cognitive Developmental Change: Theories, Models and Measurement
That is, how fast is the transformation of the unit under question and how long does it take to complete? Examination of change from this point of view usually aims to specify if change is smooth and continuous or abrupt and discontinuous. Obviously, these approaches, although clearly distinct, are complementary to each other. Mechanics specify the internal nature of change, mechanisms are the effectors of change, and rate specifies the phenomenology of change in relation to time. All of the chapters presented in this volume are related to one or more of these aspects of change.
2. That is, there are successive cycles of logistic development such that when the command of one type of information becomes complete then another type begins to develop and so on. We will show below that this model is able to describe the development of different aspects of processing efficiency, working memory, and different domains of thinking. Dawson and her colleagues (Dawson, Xie and Wilson 2003) found this model able to describe the development of social understanding and moral reasoning.
According to van Geert, the fundamental assumptions of dynamic systems theory are compatible with the fundamental assumptions of cognitive developmental theory. Thus, employing these methods may reveal the actual form and dynamics of development of different cognitive functions more successfully than it has been possible by other more classical methods used until now. According to the basic assumption of dynamic systems theory, any kind of change is logistic when it occurs under limited resources.